2013 Greetings from the Staff and Executive Business Committee of WomenSpirit Coalition!
WSC is looking forward to serving your Tribal community again this year. WSC has served the Washington State Tribal Communities for more than a decade. Below is a list of Training & Consultation Topics.. For more information be sure and read the WSC Services Catalog. Together we make a difference…ending violence in Tribal communities.
We have listed available trainings/workshops in 2013.
Click here for our training request form (PDF).
Beginning Advocacy and Community Awareness Education
- Intro to DV: Training Session: DV Facts.
- Intro to SA: Training Session: SA Facts.
- Intro to Stalking.
- Intro to Dating Violence.
- Introduction to Contemporary Native Advocacy.
- Support Group Development and Facilitation.
- Tribal Shelter Design and Shelter Staff/Advocacy Technical Assistance.
- Human Trafficking and Native Women.
- Human Rights, Native Women, & Sexual Violence.
- Intermediate Tribal Advocacy Skill Development: Ethics and Boundaries, Oppression.
- Legal Advocacy and Court Presentation.
- Law Enforcement: Officer-Involved Policy Development, Effective Victim Response, Case Review.
- Shelter Dynamics and Housing Options.
- Tribal Courts Response to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Protection Orders and Jurisdiction Issues.
- Tribal Council Briefing on Violence Against Native Women.
- Law and Order Codes Revision: Adult and Juvenile Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Dating Violence including Trafficking, Stalking and Strangulation.
- Program Evaluation.
- Inter-departmental Policy and Procedure Development.
Developing a Coordinated Tribal Community Response
- Overview and Process.
- A Difficult Journey - Tribal Community and Program Education Tool.
- Task Force Development-Role of Advocacy Programs and an Advisory Committee.
Healing and Recovery from Abuse/Trauma
- Sayu'?xWey Institute
- Connections-Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Historical & Intergenerational Traumas & Healing.
- Reclaiming Ourselves, Reclaiming Our Sacred-A Journey to Healing Workbook- Journaling ( Available to purchase/order for groups).
Additional Training & Consultation Topics
- Trauma Informed Care; Compassion Fatigue.
- Coercive Reproduction.
- Domestic Violence & Substance Abuse.
- Historical and Inter-generational Trauma.
- Oppression and Internalized Oppression.
- Tribal DV/SA Program Policy & Procedure Review.
- Tribal Codes Review & Updates.
- Grants Consultation.
- For Scheduling and Contract information contact: Mary Bahr, M.A., Administrative Assistant