WomenSpirit Coalition (WSC) serves the Tribes of Washington State. We support your Tribal domestic violence/sexual assault programs as well as Tribal communities with the vision of serving victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking and dating violence (may not have programs yet). Tribes, tribal programs/departments, tribal councils, individual tribal citizens, and allies of Native people are invited to become members of WSC.
Become a WomenSpirit Coalition Member: By Contacting The Community Outreach Manager Miki Cabell at 360-352-3120
Why join WomenSpirit Coalition’s discussion on domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking issues as they relate to Native American women?
• Native women experience violence at 3.5 times the rate of other women and 13 times the national average. This critical statistic alone calls us to action.
• A majority of the violence is perpetrated against Native American victims by other races.
• For those victims who do not have their own voice or cannot access appropriate resources, the Coalition gives support and guidance on the development of resources to both tribal and non-tribal organizations. Services must reach urban and rural victims.
• Enhance tribal ability to access mainstream services when they choose to and/or develop their own services responsive to the needs of their respective communities.
• Provide training and consultation on matters related to policy, procedure, protocol and program development: victim services, sheltering, justice services, batterer intervention programs, and developing a coordinated community response to name a few.
• Increase community awareness and grassroots support to end violence against Native women.
• The Coalitions is comprised of many agencies and individuals that are not only concerned but also willing to volunteer time and services to support Coalition activities.
• As the Coalition grows and sustainability is ensured, management will consider short and long term projects of benefit to Native women and their families.
Membership Benefits & Invoice
2014 WSC Members:
Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe
NWITC Squaxin Island Tribe
Sauk Suiattle Tribe